Thursday, September 17, 2009

PP#8: The Other Side of It

Written by: Benj Medina III
Written on: Sept. 17 '09 @ 7:32PM - 8:08PM

In the past I'm the one who's always giving
All of them they just kept on taking
Not expecting something in return
Just wanted them to know how I felt for them

All of them appreciated what I wrote for them
Making them feel special in my own way
This God given talent of mine is not wasted
Every word, every line, every stanza I owe this to Him

He have me this and now I am abusing it
He gave me you and He knows how much I love you
For the first time I received something
You are indeed full of surprises that's what makes you different

We met in a such unexpected place
You caught my eye with your pretty face
Never thought that things would lead us to this
But I am thankful and I love you yes it's true

Trust and understanding two things that I can give
At the start you had troubles trusting me
And sometimes even in understanding me
Of course I can't blame you for that

Things happen when you least expect them to happen
Yes that's what I always say and it became true once again
Very seldom that I am thanking for crashing down but now I am
Because if it didn't happen I would have not met you at all

The poem that you wrote for me it is phenomenal
Now I have experienced the other side of it
Only the blind who cannot read it would not appreciate it
I love every single word of it because I know it came from your heart

Yes I love you for who you are
I will love you more and more each day
Thinking about you every minute every day
I love you and I hope to finally be with you soon

No comments:

Followers