Saturday, November 28, 2009

EP#50: It's been a while

It’s been a while I won’t discuss what happened during the past weeks but instead I’ll just stick with what happened today. Don’t worry the previous were awesome as usual.

The main thing here is the confrontation that I had with my Mom.
Let me give you a brief description on our situation right now. From this July until now I’ve been living in Pasig during school days. Then just a few weeks after, T-Tel got a job and also lived there eventually. Which means me and T-Tel are in Pasig while T-Tin, Anne and Mom are in Cavite.

Well with the freedom that I was able to get once again the first term became legen.. wait for iiiit.. dary! LEGENDARY! And here comes the second term where in I wasn’t aware that there’s going to be Sunday make-up classes. So I settled for my schedule which is during M-F is from 10:30AM - 4:30PM then from 7:30AM-12:00PM during Saturdays. It’s a pretty good schedule avoiding the rush hour and taking the more subjects than usual. But then here comes the Sunday classes which are scheduled for each day of the week. (For ex: last Sunday it’s our Monday class which is scheduled and tomorrow it will be the day for our Tuesday class) Now it’s so clear that I won’t have any weekend until this term is over. The major concern for me is my health. I wonder if my body can withstand the fatigue the stress and the pressure.

But here’s a bigger dilemma which I was able to see earlier and it’s about the communication within our family. Now everyone has a thing to get busy with and I became really busy and sometimes up to the point where in I am grasping for some rest.

Now let me go to the main thing, after dinner I got irritated when my Mom began to talk about safety precautions and knowing that those kind of talks will last for a while I decided to go upstairs. And to my surprise my Mom called me back before I even set foot on the first step of our stairs. And then she asked me about is there something that she did that made me don’t want to listen to what she’s saying. I am a kind of person where in you’ll need a shovel when you’re talking to. Not to hit me but to dig deeper and get to what I really am thinking or saying. And often when you’re talking to me it seemed like I’m not paying attention and completely not listening to what you’re saying but I really am listening.

(For my own privacy I won’t tell what we talked about.)

At the end of the talk I almost cried. My eyes were so teary and I am feeling so sorry. I realized that it’s the biggest thing that we’re missing. Even me and T-Tel we don’t always get the chance to talk everyday and there are times where in we really wouldn’t see each other even though we’re just under the same roof. Catching up with each other is the hardest thing for my family right now. I have a solution but I can’t implement it because even I can’t assure if I would be able to do it. We just have to stay strong for now and try to burst out this situation.

No comments:

Followers