Saturday, August 15, 2009

PP#7: 18 Stanzas

Written by: Benj Medina III
On: Aug 14 '09 from 1:20AM -2:10AM

//Jace.. Sorry 4 the delay well here it is
Hope you'll like it//

Today is your birthday
Not just any other birthdays
Today is your 18th birthday
I wont be able to give you one of the 18 roses
Or drink one of the18 shots after giving a message
But what I can do is write all 18 stanzas for you

I
This one really is meant for a special girl
I can't come up with another word
Even though there's thousands of it
Perfect is the only word I know to describe you

II
Exaggerated? Yes about 0.01%
Because no one can be 100% perfect
But hey you're close enough
To be considered as one anyways

III
The first time I saw your picture
Although it may sound silly
I thought you are a poser
Because you're so pretty

IV
And from the very moment
I was told that you're not
And followed by surprising traits of yours
It made me crave for you

V
I wanted to meet you so badly
I couldn't wait for the day to see you to meet you
I just settled in chatting with you
And it turned out you really are smart

VI
You almost made my nosebleed at some point
But just almost because I was able to hold it
Even though you kept me waiting for your replies
Each of it is totally worth the wait

VII
Everyday I want to chat with you
Of course that didn't happen
Because at some point I was busy too
But I really want it to be like that

VIII
So after couple of days of failing
I already succeeded on catching you online
Even with a huge hesitation
I still pulled the trigger

IX
I thought I missed my shot
I only had one bullet
Now I have nothing left
But it turned out that I made it

X
For a moment the world stopped
I can't believe that you gave it to me
Your cellphone number it is
I texted you the first thing the next morning

XI
At the start yes it was awkward
And I really do sound like an interviewer
I tried and failed to come up with a way
To make me not sound like it

XII
Trying to get to know everything about you
Is what I really intend to do
But it turned out that talking about things
Made me more comfortable with you

XIII
From the TV shows to the random questions
The boomage day you had
The awemazing day I had
What can I say it's just simply awesome

XIV
Day by day we get to know each other deeper
Our conversations are often full of laughter
But we also get to share about some downfalls
And not to mention the success as well

XV
Thank you for introducing me to Skins
Yes it did made a huge difference in a test
Due to mere coincidence the speaker is British
And I didn't have troubles in coping with the accent

XVI
I know I don't have all the right to
But still I told you that thing
Because I don't want you to be part of it
I hope you really would do what you said to me

XVII
Hope things would just get better and better
And this is the longest poem I've ever written
I'm not doing this to impress
But instead I'm doing this to express

XVIII
This is the last stanza
I still have a couple of things to say though
You are better than the best
And perhaps better than the rest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACE!

No comments:

Followers