Monday, July 27, 2009

EP#49: First Week of SY '09-'10

I will be discussing the highlights of my first week in Mapua Makati while staying in Pasig. It really was "legen... wait for it.. dary!" There's not a single day in this week where I have not experienced an "adventure". Enough with the appetizer let's move on to the main course. :D

Sunday: I arrived in Pasig together with my Mom it was like 9:00PM when we arrived and as expected Chito (Dondie) is the one in our room. Yes Chito and I are roommates for as long as we're both staying here. Of course this one is going to be fun and we should learn how to discipline ourselves so that we can do both of our studying and still have fun at the same time.

Monday: The first day of the SY '09-'10 WELCOME FRESHMEN! And I should welcome my self not because I am a Frosh but because I'm just like them in a way that we're still a blank piece of paper in this Campus. Mom and I went to school together because she also wants to discover how to get to MIT-Makati and go home from there. We arrived in the Ayala FX terminal around 9:40AM and the FX left at 9:55AM. We arrived in Makati at 10:25AM and we began looking for ways to make it to my school. We walked to the right then straight then crossed the road then went back crossed to the other side then went straight again then crossed to the right went straight turned right crossed then straight then crossed again then after a staright walk here we are. LOL! ;p Of course that's not the exact directions point is it was a long walk. I was able to arrive in Mapua around 11:10AM. And my class will start on 12:00PM. Now I don't have any place to go to and the school is pretty crowded I just settled down on one place near my classroom and after sitting for a while guess who came and greeted me? No not Christine Reyes lol. It is my blockmate from COE A16 Jose. We talked while waiting for our respective classes and once the bell rang I found out that my room was relocated. I went to it's new location and it is so weird that even my professor find it weird as well because instead of a wide room that we usually have it is a long room. And what a surprise because Riza from BLD-Youth turned out to be my classmate here in this class. It is a English class btw. Then moving on to my next class which is Psychology our prof sounded very cool and I have quite a number of cute girl classmates in this class. And we were asked to introduce ourselves and answer the question asked to us by the card that we were given. My initial reaction when I recieved my question card was to smile. I mean I had a huge smile on my face as if I saw a pretty girl winked at me. The question is "If you were a POET what are your POEMS mostly about?". WHAT?!!! lol. Of course we're required to answer in english and even if we're not I would still answer in english. I answered like this with a huge smile on my face I introduced myself and followed it by reading the question then answered "Actually sir I am into writing poems and songs, I started writing when I was in 3rd year high school and my poems are mostly about what am I feeling but now I am into writing love songs and stuffs and in the future I hope to write about anything that I would want to write about.". Then my professor gave me a positive remark. :D After that class it's my lunch break I went to the canteen and meet up with Alah and his blockmates. Then my next and final class is Math22. And it turned out that my professor as they say is one of the "terror" professors in the Math department. She just let us finish the necessary information on our index card then dismissed us. And the adventure begins. I am so clueless on how to get back to Pasig from MIT-Makati. So what I did is rid the Washington Bel Air jeep and I noticed that I was going the wrong way so I went down and walked towards the area where I can find a bus that would go to Glorietta. Then here I am in Glo and I went to the MRT station and checked out the FX that was said to be near the area and I wasn't able to find it so I just rid the MRT to Shaw instead. There's one huge speculation that I did not forget to think about and that is the time which is the RUSH HOUR! Well as expected the MRT will stink and people will be like in a can of sardines. When I reached Shaw station I went to Megamall A and it's sort of far as well and upon reaching it I went outside and rid an FX to Pasig. Home at last!!

Tuesday: My class in this day starts at 9:00AM and because I am still trying things out I decided to leave at 6:30AM. I went to the same FX terminal where we went to yesterday but this time I rid the Buendia FX. And it dropped me off in front of Pacific Star and from there I walked to get to MIT-Makati. It was a long walk indeed. But I arrived in school at 7:35AM. WHAT!! I am almost an hour and half early for my class. Thank God that Alah also arrived early so I got someone to talk to. My class for today is CS140 lec and it turned out to be the same as COE112 which I was able to pass already. Surprisingly my professor started the lecture and gave us a seatwork. I am feeling so good regarding the result of it. Basically I am feeling good about how the whole subject I smell that I would be getting a high grade. After class Alah and I went out to have lunch in one of the restaurants around the area. Then we went home after it. As I was told by Alah that there's an FX that goes straight to Megamall so I went to that place and rid the FX. I was somehow tired and I was able to sleep in the FX. Then when I woke up I am in Megamall already. Then from there I rid the FX to Pasig. I was able to arrive at around 4:00PM I think. Then we (Dondie and I) went to Ingen to play NBA2k9 and we went back home before 11:00PM then we watched a couple of hilarious episodes of Big Bang Theory and that's about it.

Wednesday: No more orientations for this day all lectures are going to start. And at last I was able to find the most convinient way to go to school during MWFs. And that is riding the Ayala FX and then I would go down in front of RCBC then from there after crossing to the Buendia side I can just continue walking or ride a jeep straight to MIT-Makati. I thought I am going to be late for my first class because the FX left later than I expected but it turned out that I am 40 minutes early for my class. My first class turned out pretty awesome. We were grouped for our presentation next week the topic is porduct innovation. After our professor said the topic my mind began to process and what I was able to come up is a back pack. My idea is so brilliant and it is the one that we're going to use for next week's presentation. I always knew that whenever I disregard my shyness I become more productive. Then the next class is the Psychology class. I forgot to accomplish a couple of things like buy a book and photocopy a couple of things. But our prof gave us another chance. Then he discussed quite a number of topics to us and in the last part of our discussion he asked us to group ourselves and talk about an specific that we're going to discuss to the whole class. I don't have a book so I just borrowed from my classmate who has one and then after reading it I completely understood what it is about and I am ready to recite whenever needed. With that being said I became the saving grace of our group. When my group mate was asked to answer he wasn't able to say anything that's why I stood up. I think I was able to give a decent answer. Next is the lunch break and Alah and I ate in the canteen. Then next class would be my Math class. I am very confident once I entered this class. And my overconfidence is the one that killed me in the end. Of course the lesson is still easy but the seatwork is under time pressure. That changed everything because my professor wants our paper with a borderline and mine doesn't have any so I still need to draw the lines and it did cost me valuable time. In the end I wasn't able to finish my seatwork and ended up guessing for the answer. I felt so bad about it not because I got it wrong but because the lack of time is the one who killed me. Then after class I went home by using the FX-FX way. The traffic is quite heavy this time I was able to arrive in Pasig around 8:00PM already. But the night didn't get shorter because Chito and I was able to come home before 12:00AM already and slept at around 1:00AM already. I was able to finish my homework in my Math that is due on Friday. Talking about improvement in study habits.

Thursday: I only have one class for this day and it would start at 7:30AM. I scheduled myself to leave at 6:15AM but my Mom decided to give me a ride to school and we were able to arrive at 6:40AM. Knowing that there's still quite a huge time to kill I went to Mini Stop to buy a tissue because I forgot to bring a handkerchief and a lollipop. Then I went back and waited for my class to start. It was only an orientation and since it is a computer lab subject the computers are connected to the net. And guess what I did throughout the period? I played online games. It was so awesome but it would have been awemazing if Facebook isn't blocked. The class ended early and I went straight home from school. I took the Bus-FX way this time and it turned out that it is cheaper. I was able to arrive home at 11:00AM. I played PS2 with Dale because he was asking me to in the previous days but I couldn't give it him because of lack of time. Then Chito and I were set to leave and go to FEU to meet someone but we didn't push through it because it is sizzling hot outside. Because we don't want to put our get up to waste we decided to go to Megamall instead. First we were dropped off at Shangrila we walked around it and transferred to Megamall. We just walked around the mall again and played NBA2K9 in PS2. I won the game but I wasn't satisfied with my performance I can play way better than that. ;p We arrived home at around 7:00PM I think then we ate dinner and went to Ingen to surf the net because I really need to because I have a couple of homeworks to do. Then this is also the day where I was able to chat with Jace. Not only that she is stunningly beautiful outside but also inside. Wonderful person indeed. I really had a great time chatting with her she is a smart person she almost my nosebleed just almost. lol I went home with a huge smile on my face because I was able to chat with a wonderful person like her. I was able to accomplish everything before 12:30AM referring to my school works. And because I couldn't sleep I decided to watch some videos then it made sleepy and I waas able to sleep before 1:30AM.

Friday: The last day of school week and I am so ready to go to school because I have done my homeworks. I chose to go to the FX terminal that the FX driver told me to go to the other day. It filled up faster as he said. And I was able to arrive in school early as usual. Then I walked around to kill time and here comes the first class. It was sort boring and the same goes with the second class which almost made me sleep at some point. I just kept myself look like I'm still aware of what's going on. Then that will bring us to the lunch break where I had Paotsin. Then here comes the Math class it seems like the only real subject for this term. I was able to get 3/4 in my homework well that's not bad because I am the one who did it and I didn't just copied from someone else. And I still failed to answer the seatwork correctly but my only error is the sign which means I know what I am doing and that's fine with me. I am so happy because so far everything is going pretty well and is way better than I had before. And I went straight home from school. I took the FX-FX way. And I was not able to go down at Megamall but I said to myself it would be fine because finding the FX to Pasig in Robinsons would be easy but it turned out that it wasn't that easy for me. I was lost and I still tried to figure things out by myself. And I encountered this girl named Rica who approached me and talked about the organization WWF. No it's not the old WWE it is the organization which launched the Earth Hour project. And she said doubted that I am a student because I sounded very professional when I was talking to her. I am lmao inside. It was a short talk but she wasn't pretty so wth. lol And then I tried to go around one more time and I still was not able to find that FX terminal. It is getting late so I asked one of the security guards where is it and he directed me to it. And then there I was able to ride one FINALLY!! :D The night didn't get any shorter Chito and I spent 4 hours in Ingen without even noticing it. Yes Jace and I was able to have a short chat once again and it's awesome. We went back home nearly 2:00AM already and we were shocked because my Mom is there. We spent the next 30 minutes in the dining room talking with each other. And then at 2:40AM we both went to sleep. We did wake my Mom up but she didn't know that it is pass 2:00AM already thank God. ;p

Saturday: My "homecoming" after the very very long school week that I had. All of us knows that my Mom slept in Pasig yesterday with that being said I assumed that both of us would be going home to Cavite together. But it didn't crossed my mind that she went somewhere and would come home late. So I waited until during lunch I asked Tita Ditas where is my mom? And she answered that she went to LSS and left early in the morning. It really made me laugh because it's like waiting for no one. That perhaps is the funniest thing that ever happened to me on this day. Even my grandparents were laughing because of it. Immediately after lunch I left Pasig. I took an FX to Megamall then MRT to Taft then from there I rid an LRT to Quirino then I took the bus straight to Cavite City. Well I got home at 3:00PM and as expected there's nobody home but what I didn't expected is that one of them would be arriving at 10:00PM already. I was home alone for like 8 hours. And again I was able to chat with Jace on this day. And I think there's nothing so special happened after the short chat that I had with Jace.

It was an AWEMAAAZING week indeed from school and everyone and everything that comes in between. It was a very long week it is mainly because of my afternoon schedule that I have during MWFs. Well I am looking forward to the incoming week and I hope things wouldn't change and gets better and better.

No comments:

Followers