Thursday, July 2, 2009

EP#47: Welcome July '09

This would be a remarkable month indeed. A bunch of things is going to happen her which includes the 4th term finals and the much awaited shifting result will be revealed. And the first day of this month is also my return from the 10 day break that I had. As expected I would not have quite a good day today.

I saw this announcement that all students will be checked upon entering the school due to the A(H1N1). So I assumed that it would be a cost of delay. So instead of setting my departure time at 6:30AM I changed it to 6:00AM for today. Regularly before going to sleep I also set up my cell phone alarm and it turned out that I changed the time of the alarm to 6:00AM. Which is supposed to be the time that I am already leaving. But I was able to wake up 10 minutes before 6:00AM and I just took a shower then dressed up and I am all set. But it turned out that my Mom is also leaving early so she took me and Anne with her. That saved the day for me. But when I arrived in Mapua it is only 8:15AM and the check-up is no longer held at the front gate so it became optional.

Fast forwarding to my Data Struct class. Something bad really happened here. Remember yesterday when I said I am going to pass a take home quiz on Friday but it turned out it is to be submitted today. Damn it! Now I have to pass through a needle to convince my professor to take my late quiz. Let's all hope that he will accept it.

The bad luck isn't over yet. The next class is my Math subject. And most of us are in desperation state there. We need to come up with desperation moves to pass the subject. And we have an assignment a very very very long assignment that only a few students were able to accomplish. And what we did is we did not attend the class and photocopied the answer of our classmate then we will pass it on Friday. Now that's one desperation maneuver. We sacrificed one session to accomplish a complete assignment for it to be added to our final grade. Every point counts at this point for us.

During my vacant period after eating my lunch I went back to the school and checked out the list of approved shifters. What I saw first is Approved Shifters for 4th term SY 2008-2009 that is the current term. And what sinked in to my mind is that it is the result that I've been waiting for. As I checked out the list and looked for my name I am surprised and devastated that I was not able to see my name on the list. I felt like my world is crushed and I don't know what to do on that very moment. So what I thought is I'd go to my adviser and seek some advice on what to do. I'm already in front of her office but I did not enter but instead I went back to the bulletin and read it again. Then I saw the approval date is Mar 23, 2009 which means that it is NOT the one that I am waiting for it's only a false alarm for me. Thank God!

Then I went to the gym where I always hang out. And I bumped into Steph my classmate in HUM11 and Nikka my blockmate. Then we had a lot of fun talking to each other. As a matter of fact we wanted to stay and talk to one another and not attend our classes. But we are good students ;p that's why we still chose to enter our respective classes.

And I am expecting to have the oral proficiency in my last class. But what happened is we also had a quiz. And I was not able to prepare for it but still I was able to get a decent grade. Then here comes the oral proficiency and even though my professor is quite rushing us I must say that as usual I was able to do a awesome job answering.

That's how my school day ended.

And I was definitely was able to bounce back from that bad start and I have so much to do tomorrow and I must accomplish all of it. And at last I am going to play badminton tomorrow. I am so hungry to get a perfect winning record.

I need to rest now I still need to get up early and I have quite a long day ahead. Goodnight.

LOG OUT TIME: 1:20AM

No comments:

Followers