Sunday, November 9, 2008

RTP#2: Programming is like Writing

I am a Computer Engineering student
And I've already learned one programming language which is the C++
And now currently taking up higher C++, also known as the C#

Programming is not about memorizing
Its all about developing your logic

My professors usually say
Once its fully developed
You can solve any problems
That would be given to you

No matter what prgramming language you're going to use
Its Logic who stands out above the rest

Now Writing

There are lots of things to write about
Experiences, Movies, Songs, Current Events and many more

Just like in programming

When you keep on writing
You're developing something

That's why I consider writing a skill

Like me

I started writing poems
Way back when I'm in 3rd year HS
I was able to write in both English and Tagalog languages

But I really prefer using English

But I'm a Filipino why choose English
Well first of all
Its easier in the sense that you've got a lot of words to choose from
Unlike in Tagalog the other terms are so deep
That you'll be needing a shovel to dig it out :D

I was able to write several poems
About love, friends and my classmates

I stopped writing
Until I became a band member
I was their keyboardist
I wrote a bunch of lyrics
But of course as expected
Our band will break up
After graduation

Well I stopped writing again
After a year
I was inspired by a girl
Who became my girlfriend
But it only lasted
About a month and a half

To write again
Well I usually tell girls
That I write poems and things like that
And most of them really find it impressive

So everytime I'm into a girl
I become inspired to write
I dedicate it to her of course

Wrote for a couple of months
Then we were given a project
In our Filipino class last term
To make a poem out of the given story

Being the shy person that I am
I did not present myself at first
But when my groupmate stood up
And she said to us that she'll
Be requesting for my professor
To change our project
From a poem to singing a song

I immediately volunteered myself
That I will do the writing for the group

Pressure is on me

Now this is a first
Because I always write about
My experinces and my feelings

I have not wrote about
Others, and especially from stories

I was able to make it
Its a long story
So I've made a 22 stanza poem
Which consist of 4 lines each

I revised it
I connected 2 stanzas
Followed by a stanza
And then 2 stanzas agian
That's how patterend it
So it would look shorter

A meeting before the presentation
I was able to give it my classmate
So I did not attended when the presentation day arrived

I was thinking I've done my part

Then when the grades where given
Our group got a perfect score
Because of me the man behind that poem :D

I was surpirsed
Because its my first time
To write a narrative poem
And also its in Tagalog
And a perfect score is what we got
And for once the quiet guy
Was recognized by the many


Going back to how programming is similar to writing

From my experience on writing
I think even though I eventually stop
At some point
I don't lose my touch
Its like the logic that you develop in programming

Once you've earned it
It will always be there

No comments:

Followers