Wednesday, February 25, 2009

RP#9: How I Met Your Mother (1st - 2nd Season Review)

Okay, the last tv show marathon that I did is about 2 months ago I think
And it is the best show I've ever since it is Friends
With Joey, Ross, Chandler, Phoebe, Rachel and Monica

Then when I am still watching Friends via dvd

Sometimes when I'm just channel scanning
I've eventually found this show which has a very similar setting
Just pretty much like Friends have

The apartment scene is what I usually got into

So I began to hate this show
Because I thought it is imitating Friends

Then when my sister told me
“May bago ka ng idol, walang sinabi si Joey (from Friends) dito”

I got intigued
I asked what is the title of the show

And it is called How I Met Your Mother

So one Tuesday noon Me and T-Tel had lunch
Then we went to Harisson Plaza (HP) to buy dvds

Then I thought of buying this tv show's season dvds
Then at the first store we were not able to find it there
I am planning to buy all the available seasons
Which are from season 1 to season 4

So T-Tel said “naku mukhang mahihirapan tayo dito”

Then the second store
We asked where are the series?
Then she (the vendor) led us to them
Then guess what I found

How I Met Your Mother
Seasons 1 – 4
Just right in front of the rack

Then back in the Burg I started watching season 1

Damn this show is good
Setting wise yes very similar to friends
But the story and characters
Hmmm.. Not that much

Here are the characters
Ted – the one who's looking for the right girl
which he's going to spend his whole life with
Robin (she's HOT!!) – the girl to whom fell in love at first
sight with, who later became his girlfriend
Marshall and Lily – Ted's college friends who just got engaged
after 9 years of being together
Barney – he's like Joey Tribbiani (from Friends) the ladies' man
but he's smart and rich and no one even knows what his job is

Well now let me tell you how the story flows

Marshall and Lily just got engaged and here's Ted who realized he himself should start settling down with his soulmate which he still does not know. Then with a little help from Barney he was able to meet Robin (she's HOT!!) who is a journalist from Canada who just moved in to New York, and on their first date Ted said that he's inlove with her (Robin) then she was shocked then it did not go any further than that for both of them, they became friends until the end of season 1.

Well the show is about Ted telling his two children in the year 2030 about the story how he met their mother. His story started from year 2005 I think or 2006. Just imagine how long this one is going to be, I just finished season 2 and they are only in year 2007.

I finished 18 out of 22 episodes of season 1 last Tuesday 02/17/09
Then finished the final four episodes last night 02/18/09
Then I began and finished season 2 today 02/19/09

That's how hooked up I am to this show

Let me tell you how I did this marathon
I started watching at about noontime where I prepared my lunch
That was around 12:00PM

Then watched until 2:30PM
Where I took a shower
Then bought a Coke and Pancit Canton at Maldita's
Located just at the lobby of the Burg
Then back to unit 1211
And watching again
Until 7:30PM where I prepared dinner
Then ate dinner while watching again

I finished season 2 in 8:43PM
So that gives me 8 hours and 43 minutes
For me to finish a tv show season which has 22 episodes

And I am planning to start watching the 3rd season after writing this post, I can't wait so I am just going to end this already

I'm telling you this show is truly just like Barney Stinson says “legend.. wait for it.. dary!!”

No comments:

Followers