Saturday, February 28, 2009

RTP#17: Judgement of Paris (Best Actor Nominee)

This is about the high-school like play that we did
Because we were required to use costumes and props

We were divided in to three groups
So my group mates are mixed
There are Frosh, batch mates and higher years

The Frosh students were really excited
They became our leaders
They organized the whole play

The I was assigned to play the role of Zeus

I thought I only got a few things to say in the play

But it turned out that I've got the most lines in the play

Then here we are the day of presentation

We got the best costume and props obviously
With just a look you would really agree
My group mates even bought linens from Divisoria
Just for our costumes

Then enough for the costumes

We are the last group to present
And I just took a look on my lines
And didn't bother to memorize it
I really changed the script as the play happens

Scene 1: Entrance and wedding
I am supposed to say a line here
“Oh ano pa ang hinihintay natin? Let's Party”
And I told my group mate that I wont be able to deliver it well
So they assigned that line to another person
And it turned out that I could have done a much better job than her :D
Scene 1 should suppose to end when I took the apple
From the three goddesses Athena, Hera and Aphrodite
I was expecting a short cut to change the setting for scene 2
But it did not happen

Scene 2: The Decision of Zeus
Original Plot: Zeus is alone thinking who should get the apple
And would sit then clap three times to call on Hermes
And instruct him to give the apple to Paris
And he would decide who to give it to

What happened: I was not alone, still with all the characters from scene 1
I changed the thinking that is supposed to be just standing and walking around
I have the three goddesses with me at that time
Here starts my revisions to the play
I pointed and called their name
“Athena.. Aphrodite.. Hera.. nakapagdesisyon na ako at wala akong napili sa inyo”
Then I clapped three times here's Hermes standing in front of me
“Hermes, ibigay mo ito kay Paris at sabihin mo ang kailangan niyang malaman”

Then my role is done

I wont discuss scene 3 anymore

But if you're wondering who got the apple? Aphrodite, because he offered Paris
The prettiest woman in the world

I thought my acting is really bad
Because I don't really like it
I had short pauses when I am thinking for my next line
But thank God I was able to think fast

Then here comes Friday
The day of the awarding and giving of grades

The Nominees for best actress are
Two guys which played the role of a girl (from group 1 and group 2)
And the three goddesses from our group

Winner: The guy from group 2

Then the Nominees for best actor are

I don't really remember how many nominees came from the two groups

But in our group my professor said

“And from the third group Zeus as Benj”
That's me! That's me! :D
I was shocked and I bet my classmates are also
Because we are all expecting Paris' name would come out
But it did after I was nominated

Winner: Sherwin as Paris from our group

I find it really hilarious because I thought I really messed up out there
But it turned out that I was even nominated for best actor :D

I don't know how did I do it

But never did I expected some recognition due to my acting
Because I never do acting
And why would I?

I did not even stated that in my Golden Post
As part of my 50:50 dream come trues

And when we were able to watch the Oscars
I always tell T-Tel
“Di ako makakapunta diyan, wala akong balak, Grammy's na lang” :D

And I always labeled myself as a writer only

In the movie or tv show I can take part as the script writer
And never did it hit me to be the actor

But now I am considering it :D

Now only one thing stands in my way to become a triple threat

And that is dancing who knows maybe I can be a triple threat
Then I'll say hello to ABS-CBN :D (just kidding) :D

No comments:

Followers