Sunday, March 15, 2009

EP#29: One Shot

This is about our Machine Problem [MP] defense

Well, I was really not able to contribute anything in our program
But I really asked for something to do
But I was not given any task
But that's fine, completely fine

But the major consequence is that
I know nothing in our program

So here we are defense day
The biggest day of the term
Even bigger than finals day

I still haven't looked at our program
I have no idea how it is going to flow

Then at 3:00PM we [my group mates] met at the library
To learn about our program
But too bad our master programmer isn't there
And he arrived at 4:15PM
And our defense will be starting around 4:30PM – 5:00PM

So we just had a brief discussion about it
Then when we left the library
All we did is try to relax
And get ready for our defense

I can say half our group
Which includes me
Have a very little knowledge on our MP

Just like having one bullet in a gun
You'll be very lucky when you'll be asked the question
That we have discussed the answer earlier

Prelude to our MP
Part of our relaxation is doing card tricks
Then we are two groups left waiting for our turn

I know based on the arrangement we are the last to go

But because of this incident that happened to the other group

We became the second to the last group to defend

Here is what happened to them

Because of the card tricks
After one of them performed a trick
Every single one of them went loud
My professor overheared it

Then said to them “Yari kayo sa akin mamaya”

We on the other hand just finished fooling around
Then sat to rest for a while

We had a really lucky break there

Then we started joking “GG na kayo mga sir”

Because we all know at that time that our professor won't go easy on them

Then our group were called to defend already

Upon hearing from the other groups who just finished
Our professor is very strict and serious during the defense

Adding more due to what happened earlier to the other group

We were somehow scared of what is going to happen

Our defense started after our professor had her CR break

Then my group mate Darren started to read the documentation
Nikka followed him after he read the first part

Then we found out that we misunderstood the 2nd problem

Which led our professor to focus in the first problem only

Then she began to ask question to Eliana
She was not able to answer that clearly
So our professor asked Karl [he is the master programmer]
Then he was able to explain it very well
Then when she finished dealing with Karl
She the asked Katsu something
And what she asked is what we were not able to discuss
So Katsu passed, then she called me
I also got no idea how to answer the question

So I said to myself I only have one shot
Then I missed, but our professor did not get mad
Because we were not able to answer her questions

And after 5 minutes our defense ended

We were the fastest group to finish

And I think we still have a great chance to get a good grade

I am not really used in doing nothing for our program

In fact in my first defense
I made 70% of our program – including the revision, we were 2 in the group

In the second defense
I made 40% of our program – we were 3 in the group

But because of our professor in our 116 lecture
We really had a hard time understanding the lessons
And not able to help in programming

But I really got to give a huge thank you to Karl
And also to my groupmates

Well defense is over

And in a week this term is history

I know I am doing pretty well except for my Math class

I feel bad that I gave up on that subject too early
I took a risk on that subject
But it didn't pay off

No regrets. Just lessons learned.

No comments:

Followers