Friday, March 20, 2009

RTP#24: My Awesomeness [EXPLAINED]

I think a lot
I think of all kinds of things
I think of what happened to me throughout the day

And I think even more
While I am lying on my bed
And trying to get to sleep

And this thing hit me at 1:19AM
And because I am not yet sleepy I am going to start writing this down

I know, I am a self-proclaimed awesome person

But why do I keep calling myself that?
And how did I become this... wait for it.. Awesome?

First is, knowing myself as a person
Let me just label this as Zoom

Zoom – is knowing yourself as a person. I am talking about knowing yourself deeper as a person, that's why I labeled this Zoom. Especially your strengths and weaknesses.

My professor asked me once, “How much do you know yourself?”,
I answered “Right now I can really say that I know myself very well.”,
“Of course people can't know theirselves completely, let's say how many percent do you already know yourself?” she added.
“Ma'am, I can say about 85% - 90%”

That's how confident I am about knowing myself

How did I do the Zoom?

Simple. Examination, realization and operation

1.Examination – no it's not the quizzes. It's examining one's self, yourself. Try asking yourself these questions, what makes me happy? Sad? Cry? Terrified? Excited? And other things that would make you learn more about yourself. And answer it not simply through your instincts. Think deeper before you answer. And then after successfully examining you'll proceed to the next one which is...
2.Realization – from the root word realize, you will then realize and maybe telling yourself, “Yeah, I am good in that thing” or “Damn, I really suck on that”.
3.Operation – yes like a doctor who is going to operate an ill patient. After realizing what your good at and not good at it's time to develop and conquer it, referring to your strengths and weaknesses respectively.

After the Zoom process and knowing yourself better

The next thing is answering questions
And I am always emphasizing the “Know your audience” rule
Or I'll be calling it The Catcher
Why? It is because it should be based there on how you would answer questions

I mean I am a very pilosopo type of person when it comes to answering some questions

And I am really having fun doing that

But I know when to answer like that and whom to I could not answer that way

The Catcher – you are the one who is pitching and you should know where's the right spot to throw into your catcher for the batter to miss the hit on the ball. I mean I shouldn't reply with one of my pilosopo statements when I am talking to my grandparents, or someone who I don't really know that well, or just someone who is not in the mood for fooling around, yes I can do that but I would insist when I am talking to those kind of persons, because I would make them feel disrespected and angrier. But I can sometimes still pull it off, but it depends on the situation.

That's why I am a very quiet person during the start
And that would only be when I am still not comfortable dealing with a person
I would really hold back and try not to say a lot
Because I can really hurt someone unintentionally through my talking
And maybe my talking would irritate the person who am I talking to because of my answers

But once I am comfortable with the person
And this holding back is gone

Then you will get the chance to know the awesome side of me

And I answer common questions in a different way
Or even just giving comments on what he/she said
Just to make things even more interesting

Like if I am asked How are you/Kamusta ka?
I would answer "Buhay pa naman + [what's heppening to me lately]
Not like, "aus lang ikaw?"

Or if someone tells me Di na nagpaparamdam si + [the name of the person]
I would tell him/her this "Patay na ba un at nagpaparamdam na? hahaha"

But again I can't reply with my answers to everyone

Know The Catcher before throwing the ball

Another key to my awesomeness is being extremely understanding

I understand people very well
How do I do it?

Well first is just being an open minded person by nature
And when you are going to experience hearing from both sides
And being the Mediator

It is very important NOT TO PICK SIDES

Once you picked a side
Then you are not doing a very good job
I don't really know how do I do it
But maybe because I am pretty balanced

And also that's just being me being awesome :D

And a friend once said that I really am awesome
Thank God I am no longer just a self-proclaimed awesome person :D

No comments:

Followers