Saturday, May 9, 2009

EP#37: A Not So Holy Week

A Not So Holy Week

Well this is a late post, I've been a little lazy in blogging lately but I will still write about those things that I wanted to write about including this year's Holy Week.

We spend Holy Week in Pasig and originally here are the activities that we are doing every year:

Mandy Thursday: Mass and Bisita Iglesia around Pasig [in the evening]
Good Friday: Confession [in the afternoon]
Black Saturday: BLD-Easter Vigil [in the evening]
Easter Sunday: Mass

So that's the usual Holy Week routine for us during the past couple of years but this year's Holy Week was totally different.

First of all I got sick during Mandy Thursday I am having a very unusual sickness that I call the Suner (sa-ner: a fever caused by the heat of the sun). I am only 100% like 4 hours in a day the rest of it I am feeling like in a beach in Hawaii or in the middle of an ice burg in Alaska.

And then while I am eating dinner I heard that they are talking about this Station of the Cross thing at Boni High, and they said that this is the first time that it is going to happen and you are going to carry a cross. So I find it awesome. Plus it is going to be held at Boni High. But one thing is blocking me in going to the "Walkway" as they call the event, and that is because I have this stupid suner. After eating I went back to my room and I drank my medicine and I am feeling really bad at the moment. But I said to myself that there's no way that I am missing on this one because I got this stupid suner. And therefore I also began to get ready and then told them that I am going with them. Well I know that I only got an hour or an hour and a half to stay in this state. And then here we are at Boni High the Walkway didn't turn out to be what I expected which is throughout the course you'll be given a cross and you'll carry it till you finish the very last station. But still it was nice and I've get the chance to experience it. And things turned out as expected for me, just minutes after finishing the last station, I began to feel cold again. And then I found JR (one my cousins) sitting inches away from a pretty girl who was crying because of the Walkway I think. So I sat in the middle of them but of course I did not talk to the girl because I am with my family and most probably she is too.

Then Good Friday my original plan is I'll be playing Left 4 Dead with my cousins, but because I have suner I stayed in the room and rested throughout the day, and also they didn't go to have a confession this day instead they only hanged out in the house, I am referring to my family by the way.

Then Black Saturday my suner is gone!!! And then they said that we are going to Trinoma that day and we did. So I spent Black Saturday in Trinoma with my family, and eventually we were not able to attend the BLD-Easter Vigil. And we arrived at Pasig at around 9:30PM.

Of course I am not going to forget about telling my Easter Sunday story. Well nothing really special happened this day we just went to Church to hear Mass then that's it. But also I am free to play Rock Legends again because that's the thing that I fast for the Holy Week.

What I realized at the end of this week is that it is really made for families to have time to have some quality time together. And that is what I experienced during that week. Even though we did not do the things that we usually do I bet all of us found this Holy Week different yet better at some point. And one more thing it is my first time to fast on something and what did I get after that nothing, I mean I turned down playing it for a week and at some point I really want to play but I insisted. Oh wait just now I realized something that I got from that fasting, and that is a story to tell about the fasting that I did and very proudly I would say that once in my life I was able to fast on something.

No comments:

Followers