Monday, May 25, 2009

EP#41: The Life Changing Approval

If you are thinking that this is about some girl again, no this isn't. So moving on then remember the shifting that I was nagging to you guys about the past weeks and like almost 2 months to date. Well, it is just this week Monday in particular that I started to make a move on that. And today May 20, 2009 I was able to finish the application process.

Here's the detailed version on how I did it.

Friday: It's my Mom who talked to Ma'am Yumang to seek some advice regarding my status and everything. And thanks to their little discussion my Mom was at last satisfied about my current standing, especially in the CoE/CpE field. Therefore she gave me the chance to make the call. To shift or not to CS or IT? Well, at this point I have already decided that I would really be shifting my course/program. But the huge thing that is still "smoky" or unclear to me is that I don't know whether to go for CS or IT. So I then made a schedule of my to do list for the next dew days because I am going to apply for shifting.

Monday: It's my turn to talk to Ma'am Yumang now and as I planned I will talk to her during my vacant period which is 1:30PM. So 1:30PM I went to her office but I hesitated and decided to eat first. And as my food is being cooked I texted her and she replied that she's in her office and she can talk to me right away. What I did is I told the cook that I need to talk to someone and I'll be back after a short while and she agreed with me because I'm a regular customer in there. So I then rushed to Ma'am Yumang's office then I went straight to what I really want to know and that is which is more suited for me CS or IT? The big unanswered question to be answered in just a few moments. So here's what she said a CS graduate focuses more on soft wares, programming is the life of a CS student/graduate. My job would be a pure programmer where in I'll be sitting in front of a computer 8/5. Which is what I really want to be. And on the other hand IT is similar to CS as being a programmer but she said that in IT I won't always be a programmer, but there's quite a number of jobs that I can still do such as system analyst and she mentioned a bunch of others which I've forgotten already. And at the end of the conversation I decided to be a CS student. But as I arrived in Pasig and told the others about everything that happened my Mom and T-Tel in particular told me to pursue IT and not CS. But again the final call is mine let's see what's going to happen.

Tuesday: This is the day where I would start my application, the original plan was I am going leave Pasig at 10:00AM but I was able to leave Pasig at 10:30AM. Yes, I am late this thing doesn't happen very often and also there's one thing that I forgot to bring that I really don't forget usually, my handkerchief. I arrived in Mapua at 11:30AM and I still have a class at 12:00PM so I rushed to the canteen to buy a drink then finished it off while walking to the first office that I need to go to which is the guidance office. Well when I arrived there I saw the nurse's hideout which is that office. Of course, if there's one thing that really attracts me that is a girl in a uniform especially nursing uniforms. Well, there's like 6 girls in there and half of them for me is 7 and higher. I was accommodated very well but they said that I should come back at 4:30PM after my class. And from that moment I sensed that some of these girls are checking me out. Then I still haven't eaten lunch but I still went to my class. And at around 4:20PM I went back to the guidance office again and I was instructed to go to cubicle 6 where I presented my form and have it signed by the counselor. But I was expecting a sort of interview but surprisingly I wasn't asked about anything. So I just asked if every thing's okay now and said thank you then left the cubicle. And the next office is the Student Advising office which is located at W501, yes from the ground floor I need to go up to the fifth floor w/o using the elevator. So there am I, I said that I am applying for shifting and what they said is the person that I need to talk to just went down to the guidance office the office where I was in earlier. They let me log in then gave me a paper with a name then they said present it to the guidance office. At first I went to the OSA office but after a moment of rethinking it I went to the guidance office again. And then I said "Hi, pinabalik po ako dito nung Student Advising and I'm looking for" then I presented the paper, btw the one who took my paper is the 7.75 nursing student, then that guy was just sitting right there then he asked me to come with him. I am still feeling the effect of the five floor stair round trip that I had and still I haven't eaten lunch. Then he began asking me questions in English and in return I answered him in straight English as well, but there are times that my mind is "loading" and grasping for words that I am supposed to answer, that usually don't happen. But I still managed to pull it off. And on my way out I am sweating not big time sweat but you can see it, eew :D and as I am about to open the door one of the female nurses said "oh punas ka muna pawis, ingat ka huh" not directly to me but I know it's for me. I am so tired that I didn't bother looking back to know who among those girls is the one who said that. But hey even if I am looking so stressed I still can get stuffs like that from girls ;D. The last stop for the day is the OSA office I just gave my form and the receptionist said that I should come back after lunch the next day.

Wednesday: I was expecting another interview but when I arrived at the OSA office the receptionist just gave me my form and said that I can leave already, so I just asked where should I go next and went there the Customer Service it is. Then there I presented my shifting form and they gave it back after placing a signature. And then they said that I should go to the Treasurer's office to pay the shifting fee. I thought it's going to cost me some money so I went to the window and said to the cashier "Gusto ko lang po malaman kung magkano yung bayad for shifting?" she said that it's only 50 Pesos, so I paid it and went back to the Customer Service office again then handed out my form then the one who took my form said that I should check out the bulletin board before the enrollment. That's the end of the application for my shifting. Btw the course that I shifted to is IT. Hope that my request would be granted and wish me luck on this one. ;D

No comments:

Followers