Saturday, May 9, 2009

RTP#27: The Light Bulb

I am the type of person who comes up with brilliant ideas out of nowhere. And just earlier today I had this one idea that could change my whole life. I am so thrilled about this idea that I want to make a move on it the next day.

It's a good thing to have this kind of thinking but what I realized is that not all ideas should be implemented or should be put into act. I am referring to this shifting to accounting thing, I mean I don't even know what an accountant really do and I even sort of thought that I would shift to that course.

This is like the dream I once had about months ago when my Dad appeared on a dream and said to me that I should take nursing instead of COE, I followed it up with an act already we began inquiring at other schools but I know for myself that I can't really handle the load of a nursing student and in the end I still chose what I really want and that is to be a Computer Programmer.

Well in this whole accounting stuff I only thought of that because at some point I want to make a contribution to their industry as a tribute to my grandparents who supported my education. And that's where I thought of I've already learned what I needed, to be a programmer. And it's time to learn about what I am going to work on to give some pay back. I also thought about if there's anyone who is a programmer and also a CPA?

But I also realized that if I am going to leave COE and shift to Accounting then I am like starting College again and I will put everything to waste and that made all the difference in the world again. That simple realization woke me up on this daydream like a cold water splashed on me or even like my head bumped into something really hard.

So if I am going to be offered with something in the future just for me to change to accounting, the answer would be NO!!! I didn't work this hard to be a programmer and had numerous no sleep at all days and just put it all away.

Again like I've said I am still thinking on how I can possibly help the said industry as a programmer and not a CPA-Programmer.

One more thing that I realized is that I am really good in thinking ideas but in executing them? Hmm... not so well. And that's why I always say that I should be a coach of a basketball team than a player in the court because I only need to think of strategies and let my team do the execution.

To end this post I thought of naming my "out of nowhere brilliant ideas thinking" and from now on I will call it The Light Bulb, what up? :D Yeah like in the cartoons if one just had an idea a light bulb will suddenly appear.

No comments:

Followers