Saturday, December 13, 2008

EP#14: First Job Experience

This is about the program that I am currently doing now

If you have read my previous post
Which includes doing a program for Kuya Marvin
I must say he is my first client

Let me introduce him first

Kuya Marvin is my eldest sister's (T-Tin) boyfriend
And his family is the owner of the Chefoo Restaurant
A Chinese restaurant located here in Cavite City

That business went through a lot
It's old structure even got burned
And they just rebuilt it
And it looked better than the burned one

Currently he is working at their restaurant
As a chef and somehow the manager
And he thought of something that would definitely
Make things easier for the restaurant

That's when he envisioned having a fast-food like system in their resto
And he thought of having a program which enables them
To add orders and store them into a computer
And also he wants to have a program
That would track their sales
For the day, the week, the month and the year

Here is the part where I'll be involved

He talked to me about this
When we were at Jojoy's (my cousin) Debut
Last October 25, 2008

Undergoing my C# class this term
I said Yes and not expecting something in return

But he said that he will pay me
With his 2 month salary
If I'll get the job done

So I talked to almost everbody about this

The common question is
How much is his salary for a month?

Good question, but until now
I don't know the answer yet

Then one time at the Burg
Me and Kuya Paeng had a little talk
And I shared this to him
And he commented on this like
"Job experience na yan, kasi babayaran ka na eh"

I realized that it is true
This is my first job experience
And I could add this on my resume

At the age of 17 I was able to make a program
That made an impact to the business of my client

I think that's something BIG

As of now I already finished the first part
Which is adding orders

But the second part is definitely
Much harder than the first
Because I still don't know how to do it yet
And that's what I am trying to figure out right now

After finishing the program
And recieving my reward

I am currently on a 12 month
Laptop share paying to my mom
I am paying Php1,200.00 per month
Currently in the 4th month

I am planning
To settle it
By paying an advance 8 months
Which is going to cost me Php9,600.00

Unsure of my reward
I asked my sister T-Tin
About Kuya Marvin's salary
But she doesn't know anything about it as well
I followed up
"Lalampas kaya ng Php10,000.00 per month"
She replied "Oo naman"

After hearing that
I immediately planned
What am I going to do with
The huge excess money

What I thought about is
Buying a PSP for myself
On second thought
I think I should replace
My old and broken PS2 with a new one

Here is my reason of still choosing
PS2 rather than PSP

Yes, PSP is portable
And 3 in 1
You can play, listen to music and watch videos
But not all the time
You can play with another person

Considering the fact
That I'll be bringing it at the Burg
I thought of having a new PS2
Will bring more enjoyment
Not only to me
But to all of us (my roommates)

Why not just get my old PS2 repaired?
It has a broken lens
And it would cost me
About Php5,000 to replace it
Almost the same price of a new one

Before this vacation ends
I must finish this program
There would be no excuses
If I won't be able to finish this

No comments:

Followers