Wednesday, December 31, 2008

RP#5: Year Ender Post

This is about what happened to me in the year 2008

Here's a list of what am I going to talk about

-School
-Family
-Love life
-Personal Growth

School: 2008 was a great school year for me
even though I had my worst term in the beginning of the year
I was able to bounce back in the succeeding 3 terms
Especially in the 3rd term which was June-September
I had no failing grades :D

In this year also I felt I am a college student already
I mean I experienced the "College Life"
Like drinking and smoking
Plus I also had my first bar experience here

It was a tough school year for me
But still I managed to pull it off
Even though there were sleepless nights
It's all worth it :D

Family: 2008 was a not so great year for our family

In the beginning of the year
It is the prime of the issue between Anne and her boyfriend

At May a couple of BIG changes are made
Anne is enrolled in Pasig Catholic College (PCC)
We decided that I I'll be staying in the Burg when the new term comes

Therefore since June 2008:

Anne and Mom lived in Pasig
I lived at the Burg (@Vito Cruz)
T-Tin and T-Tel were the ones who stayed in Cavite

We only had weekends to spend time together
And sometimes it doesn't even happen
Because either my Mom or Anne has to do something
That will cause their failure
To come home to Cavite for the weekend

With all of these things given
Our quality time with each other really suffered
But it did affected us all in a good way

Not a great year but it is okay
And everything is stable right now

Love life: I did not had any productive love life this 2008
In fact I only had one relationship this year
Because I want to be on a serious relationship now
I had troubles in finding the right girl
But when it came
It did not last a long time
After it I said to myself
"Thought it was my time but I guess not yet" :D

Then after that I am back in the looking process
It is May when we broke up
And it is almost January
So I've been single for 6-7 months already

Time really flies when you are having fun

I mean I really had fun being single
Up to the 5th month
But now I am starting to get bored on being single

But because I want a serious relationship
I am willing to wait for it
But I am hoping that it will come soon

And I really like someone right now
Hope that we can work things out regarding this :D

Personal Growth: I grew rapidly in the year '08
Mainly it is because I moved in the condo
And lived away from my family

Literally I lived independently
Together with my elementary friends (Rovin and Peping)
Plus Peping's 2 brothers (Kuya Iking and Kuya Paeng)

Here's a short list of what I learned in this experience so far

- Discipline
- Time-Management
- Budgeting
- Cooking my own food

Basically, pretty much about everything about taking care of myself

This experience was really fun
Bonding with my roommates
Drinking beer while watching Friends or a movie
Doing the "boys talk"

I mean these are a couple of things
That I can only do there
And no way that I can do when I am here in Cavite

But even with those things
We still manage to get passing grades

And how can I forget
Drinking beer while doing a project :D

That's pretty much about my 2008
I am so thankful for everything that happened in that year

And for my failures and defeats

No regrets, just lessons learned :D

No comments:

Followers