Thursday, December 4, 2008

EP#10: The Longest Nap

Last Teusday night
I made my take-home quiz
For my C# subject
That is to be submitted
The following day

At around 4:00 AM
I felt like giving up
But I managed to come out
With a solution to my quiz

Then at 5:00AM
I prepared my things
And got ready
To leave Cavite
And head to Manila

I was only able to sleep
When I was in the bus
Almost 45 minutes only

Fortunately, my quiz on Calculus
Was turned to a take-home quiz
To be submitted on Monday
Plus I didn't much have problems
In my English class and C# Lec

Lucky break for me

But one problem is our MP

*//Machine Problem (MP) is I can say our life
In our programming subject
Failure to accoomplish this and defend this
Means you will definitely fail the subject

MP is a program
That is to be constructed by us
And defended by us on the defense day//*

Our MP is not yet finished (Wednesday)
And the defense day is today (Thursday)
So we decided to stay at JC's place
And finish it there
So I was not able to sleep again
For the second consecutive day

We left JC's at 6:40AM
And I arrived at the Burg at 7:40AM
From the moment I've arrived
And setting my alarm to 9:00AM
I decided to take a "Nap"

But this "Nap" is the longest nap ever
I woke up at 5:30PM
I missed my defense
It's like all because of that nap

Immediately I called JC
And asked about the defense
He said it turned out pretty well

And regarding me
Who missed the defense
He said that I'll be able to defend
If I'll give a valid reason
Why I failed to come on defense day

Which my reason
Is I failed to wake up
On the right time
Which in all angles
I think is won't be accepted

But I will not make alibis or so
But instead I will go
To my professor tomorrow
And honestly I would tell her

"Mam, I was not able to go to the defense day yesterday
because I woke up at 5:30PM, because I was sleepless
these past two days, because I made the tale-home quiz
that you gave last Teusday nght and we finished our MP
last Wednesday night"

I hope that she would give me a chance
Even if I have to defend our program alone

And I hope that my honesty
Would be enough to earn that chance

Right now I'm still regreting
That NAP that I took
I'm thinking I should not have taken a nap
But what can I do
My body is restless for two days

And right now I just can't do anything else about it

No comments:

Followers